Teaching our kids financial success should start early. Throughout our region, parents are embracing a local, innovative, one-of-a-kind banking experience for their kids that’s creating a better way of life.
It’s not only banking done differently, it’s banking done right.
Gate City Bank’s Totally FREE1 Checking is uniquely designed to help students succeed in the real world. Parents are starting to notice the long-term benefits of this up-and-coming banking option.
To start, imagine no fees¹, no minimum balance and FREE ATMs – worldwide. (Gate City Bank has saved customers more than $43 million in ATM fees.) But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. The truth is, your kids can start living their best financial life at a young age, and getting set up is quick and easy.
“Gate City Bank truly cares about creating a better way of life for you and your kids,” says Sherri Smith, Senior Vice President of Retail Banking. “We’re proud to offer Totally FREE1 Checking because we know it sets students up for financial success early on and all throughout life.”
Moms Love Gate City Bank’s Student-Friendly Options
You have enough worries, and setting your child up for financial success shouldn’t be one of them. That’s why so many parents are signing their kids up for Totally FREE1 Checking at Gate City Bank. It helps you monitor their spending activity and encourages education regarding financial security and responsibility.
With this innovative checking account option, you can:
- Set Limits: Pre-determine spending caps.
- Have Control: Turn the debit card on or off.
- Monitor the Account: Enjoy Gate City Bank’s easy-to-use mobile app.
- Keep Kids Safeguarded: Receive 24/7 fraud protection with real-time alerts. Plus, there’s $0 liability on debit card fraud.
- Embrace Financial Education: Access fun online learning opportunities.
From setting kids up with their first checking account to preparing teens for higher education, Gate City Bank’s Totally FREE1 Checking is uniquely designed to prepare your students for long-term financial success.
Students Thrive with Totally FREE1 Checking
Kids are loving all the “FREEs” that come with choosing Gate City Bank, like:
- Online and Mobile Banking²: Easily make mobile deposits and manage money.
- Money Management Tool: Students can determine financial goals, budget smoothly and set up text and email alerts.
- Custom Debit Cards: Your whole family can show school pride with the My School Spirit Card. (With every card ordered, Gate City Bank gives $10 to the school.) Show your support for any of the local high schools or colleges!
- Debit Card Rewards³: Kids can earn rewards each time they use their debit card, and signing up is easy at GateCity.Bank/Rewards.
- Gifts: Students will receive a FREE gift when opening a new checking account or sending referrals to Gate City Bank.
- Financial Education: It’s easy to digest and prepares kids for life throughout school and beyond.
From banking basics to planning for adult life, Gate City Bank’s resources – including Totally FREE1 Checking – help students monitor their finances. Additionally, when it comes to helping your students save for their future, pay off debt and earn higher interest, they can utilize these other options:
- Gate City Bank Savings Accounts: Helps students achieve short- and long-term savings goals.
- Gate City Bank Simply Save Program: Simplifies the saving process by rounding up debit card transactions.
- Coverdell Education Savings Account (CESA)4: A great way to help families save for their children’s education. Anyone can open a CESA for a designated beneficiary under the age of 18. There is no tax deduction for contributions to CESA, and earnings grow tax free.4
Getting Started is Easy
There’s a reason Gate City Bank has been voted “Best Bank” throughout many communities across North Dakota and central Minnesota. Through offerings like Totally FREE1 Checking, the Bank prepares customers of all ages for a bright future, accompanying them on their financial journey and partnering with them for a better way of life.
Opening a Totally FREE1 Checking account, or accessing other student-friendly products that Gate City Bank offers, is simple. Stop by any of the Bank’s convenient locations or call 701-293-2400 or 800-423-3344. To learn more, visit GateCity.Bank/Students.
About Gate City Bank
A $2.8 billion mutual bank founded in 1923, Gate City Bank is the region’s leading financial institution, as well as the #1 mortgage lender in North Dakota. The Bank employs more than 735 team members at 43 locations in 22 communities across North Dakota and central Minnesota. Gate City Bank believes in creating a better way of life for customers, communities and team members. Additionally, the Bank has been named one of the “50 Best Places to Work” seven years in a row by Prairie Business magazine.