We can all agree that no child should go hungry over concerns that they don’t have enough food to get by, especially during the summer months when school is out.
We have compiled a list of schools, organizations, and food pantries that are offering free lunches for kids in our community.
YMCA offers a number of meal programs this summer:
To Go Meal Program
Free to-go style meals to children 18 and under at the following locations:
|Jefferson Elementary||1701 4th St, Fargo||Mondays||5:00 – 5:30pm|
|Eastwood Elementary||500 10th Ave E, West Fargo||Mondays||5:00 – 5:30pm|
|Madison Elementary||1040 29th St N, Fargo||Mondays||5:00 – 5:30pm|
|McKinley Elementary||2930 8th St. N, Fargo||Mondays||5:00 – 5:30pm|
|Horace Mann Elementary||1025 3rd St N, Fargo||Mondays||5:00 – 5:30pm|
Teen Meal Program
Meals are open to teens the community, with no eligibility requirements. Join the YMCA for a nutritious meal, and hang out with other teens!
|Schlossman YMCA||4:30 – 6:30pm||Monday – Friday|
FREE Family-Sized Food Boxes
The YMCA is has partnered with the USDA as a Farmers to Families Food Box distributor! This program packages fresh produce, dairy and meat into family-sized food boxes, and then distributes them to the community FREE of charge. Boxes are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis and distribution is open to the entire community, with no eligibility requirements. Please see their website for upcoming distribution dates and location.
Each box is FREE of charge, and includes non-perishable food items – helping provide nutritious meals to families in need during blizzards, holidays, or other special circumstances. Please see their website for the form to complete for eligibility.
Great Plains Food Bank
The Great Plains Food Bank will again be providing summer meals at locations throughout the FM area. Please see their website for dates and locations.
Food service will now be included in the district’s summer school programming, with students receiving a scheduled lunch break or a meal as they leave for the day. Three additional food service supports have been created for any child in the community between 0 – 18 years of age: daily meals to go, daily hot meals served on site, and a weekly grocery box.
WEEKLY GROCERY BOX (AVAILABLE JUNE 3 – JULY 29)
The weekly grocery box option is available to children between 0 – 18 years of age and may be claimed by an able child or parent/guardian. Each box will include breakfasts, meats, grains, fruits, vegetables, and milk for each child. No identification or proof of residency is required. Boxes are distributed at the following times and locations:
Tuesdays & Thursdays | 12:30 – 1:00 p.m.
- Cheney Middle School, 825 17th Ave E, West Fargo
- Liberty Middle School, 801 36th Ave E, West Fargo
Note: There will be no boxes distributed on Tuesday, July 6 and Thursday, July 8.
DAILY MEALS TO GO (AVAILABLE JUNE 1 – JUNE 24)
The daily to go meal option is available to all children between 0 – 18 years of age and may be claimed by an able child or parent/guardian. No identification or proof of residency is required. Meals are distributed outside at the following times and locations:
Monday – Thursday | 10:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- Willow Park Elementary School, 4901 15th Ave S, Fargo
Monday – Thursday | 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Brooks Harbor Elementary School, 801 22nd Ave W, West Fargo
- Deer Creek Elementary School, 6400 54th Ave S, Fargo
- Eastwood Elementary School, 500 10th Ave E, West Fargo
- Freedom Elementary School, 401 26th Ave E, West Fargo
- L.E. Berger Elementary School, 631 4th Ave E, West Fargo
- Osgood Elementary School, 5550 44th Ave S, Fargo
- South Elementary School, 117 6th Ave W, West Fargo
- Heritage Middle School, 6350 76th Ave S, Horace
DAILY HOT MEALS SERVED ON SITE (AVAILABLE JUNE 3 – JUNE 30)
A daily hot meal option is available to all children between 0 – 18 years of age. No identification or proof of residency is required. Meals are served from
Monday – Friday | 12:00 – 12:30 p.m. | Sheyenne High School, 800 40th Ave E, West Fargo.
Fargo Public Schools will provide free meals for children up to 18 years old during summer break in June and July 2021. Meals will be provided with daily or weekly pickup options. Meals are limited to one breakfast and lunch per day.
Weekly Pickup Options (June 8 – July 29)
Names of children receiving food boxes will be recorded at each pickup site. Family and friends may pick up food boxes for children. Children do not need to be present or in the Fargo Public School District to receive a food box. Boxes will contain frozen and shelf stable food items along with milk.
Tuesdays | 11:15 – 11:45 a.m.
- Longfellow Elementary School parking lot
Tuesdays | 12:15 – 12:45 p.m.
- Ed Clapp Elementary School parking lot
- Ben Franklin Middle School eastside drive-up
- Carl Ben Eielson Middle School parking lot
- Discovery Middle School parking lot
Thursdays | 11:15 – 11:45 a.m.
- Horace Mann Elementary School parking lot
Thursdays | 12:15 – 12:45 p.m.
- Bennett Elementary School parking lot
- Agassiz/Woodrow Wilson High School northside parking lot *June dates only
- South High School southside parking lot
Daily Pickup Option (June 6 – 24 only)
A cold, grab and go breakfast and lunch will be provided daily.
Monday – Thursday | 12:15 – 12:30 p.m. (June 7-24)
- Hawthorne Elementary School entrance sidewalk
Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday | 12:15 – 12:30 p.m. (June 6-24)
- Eagles Elementary School entrance sidewalk
Moorhead Area Public Schools and the YMCA are partnering to provide summer meal access for all children ages 1-18. Eligible children may pick up ONE meal pickup per day.
Parents, guardians or students must be present to receive meals and may only pick up the meals at one site as scheduled in this document. Special diet meals are available by contacting the Food Services Department, [email protected].
Moorhead Public Schools will be serving lunch at the following sites until June 30, 2021.
Moorhead Area Public Schools
- Breakfast/Lunch served Monday-Thursday
- Two days of meals will be provided each Thursday.
- No meals week of July 5-9, 2021
10:00 – 10:15 a.m. – Belsley Park (3500 12th St S)
10:00 – 10:25 a.m. – Northeast Park (1817 8th Ave N)
10:30 – 11:00 a.m. – Queens Park (3201 20th St S)
10:40 – 11:00 a.m. – Arrowhead Park (2600 6th Ave N)
11:00 – 11:30 a.m. – Bennett Park (302 17th St S)
11:15 – 11:30 a.m. – Allyson Park (4320 3rd St S)
11:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Romkey Park (900 19th St S)
12:00 – 12:30 p.m.:
- SG Reinertson (1201 40th Ave S Door #13)
- Dorothy Dodds Elementary (4400 24th Ave S Door #24)
- Horizon East Middle School (3601 12th Ave S Door #22)
- Moorhead High School (2300 4th Ave S Door #15)
- Lunch/Breakfast provided Monday and Thursday
- Three days of meals provided Monday
- Four days of meals provided on Thursday
- 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Ellen Hopkins Elementary (Main Door)
- 12:00 – 12:30 p.m.
Robert Asp Elementary (Main Door)
- 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Address: 304 Roberts St N (Fargo)
Phone: (701) 232–5565
Served at the service center Monday – Friday from 8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
Free Lunch Program
Served Monday – Friday from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Sack Lunches are available at the front door to the public
Address: 1901 1st Ave N (Moorhead)
Phone: 218-236-0372 ext. 242
Please visit Fargo Moorhead Community Resources Facebook Page for more information on food bank locations and hours.
Click here for an interactive map of where local fresh produce is donated. Scroll down to select “Produce Donation Sites” (they will appear by orange pins).