May Day is right around the corner on May 1, and we have an easy way to spread kindness and cheer this Spring:
MAY DAY BASKETS!
The tradition of May Day baskets is an old one, and started when people would fill paper baskets with flowers and deliver to their friends and neighbors to celebrate Spring. The tradition is still a fun one to carry on today, and an easy way to spread kindness in world that could use a little more!
How to Make a May Day Basket
- Print off our FREE PRINTABLE BASKET, or choose a piece of paper from around the house (Note: heavier paper (e.g. cardstock) will work best).
- Decorate the basket using markers, crayons, stickers, etc.
- Cut out the printable shape, or simply cut a small strip from the bottom of your paper and roll the rest into a cone shape.
- Take the small strip and tape it to either side of the cone as a handle.
- Fill the basket with candy, fruit snacks, flowers, stickers, or other trinkets!
Fun Ideas for Filling Your Basket
- Fruit snacks
- Candy or Chocolate (if not too hot out!)
- Flowers (real or make them from tissue paper!)
- Baked cookies
- Seed packets