We all know pumpkin pie is that holiday staple. Golden and delicious, most of us revel in all the pumpkin goodness this time of year. But I’m here to tell you there may just be an even tastier (gasp!) pumpkin dessert.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a good slice of pumpkin pie with homemade whipped topping. There’s something about it that just feels like the holidays. But every once in a while it’s fun to change up our routine, right? And maybe you have a picky toddler or kiddo on your hand that just isn’t crazy about the idea of pie.
Give this butterscotch pumpkin cake a try this holiday season. Trust me, your family will thank you!
Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bundt pan.
- Microwave butterscotch chips on medium for 1 minute. Microwave for additional 10-20 SECONDS at a time as needed until melted (stirring in between). DO NOT overcook, as it will ruin the butterscotch and it won't mix well. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir together melted butterscotch, pumpkin, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Stir in the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture.
- Spoon into the bundt pan.
- Cook 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top, if desired.