Whether you’ve had your decorations up since November 1st, or are just getting in the holiday spirit now, there is so much fun things to do this holiday season. From Santa visits and holiday markets, to movie nights and baking afternoons, we’ve got a list you can customize with the things that bring YOU the most JOY this holiday season!
Now, we know every mom and family is different when it comes to holiday festivities. Some want to do ALL the things to get in the spirit of the season, while some are content with just a few items to check off their holiday bucket list.
Either way, we’ve rounded up 25 fun ideas to add to your own family’s holiday bucket list this year!
Plus, we’ve created a FREE, CUSTOMIZABLE PRINTABLE that can be used to write your family’s bucket list, as a wish list for someone else or yourself, a holiday shopping list, or anything else you need to keep organized this season.
Thank you to Gate City Bank for partnering with us and making this Holiday Bucket List possible for Fargo families!
25 Ideas for Your Holiday Bucket List
- Watch a holiday movie as a family.
- Try hot cocoa bombs from a local bakery.
- Make cookies or decorate some from a local baker.
- Decorate the Christmas tree.
- Make keepsake ornaments.
- Read a holiday book.
- Go on a sleigh ride.
- Go ice skating.
- Volunteer as a family.
- Donate toys or other goods to someone in need.
- Write a letter to Santa.
- Decorate a gingerbread house.
- Attend a Christmas tree lighting.
- Get hot cocoa and look at Christmas lights.
- Visit a holiday market to shop for presents locally.
- Have a local shopping day.
- Watch a holiday concert or performance.
- Pick out a real Christmas tree (or if you feel like a day trip, cut your own at a nearby farm!).
- Watch the Holiday Lights Parade downtown.
- Watch a Christmas movie or show from your childhood.
- Bring food to a local food pantry.
- Get a photo with Santa.
- Bring goodies to your neighbors.
- Make home made holiday cards for a few special loved ones.
- Make a special holiday dinner together.